This course provides students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 environment. This course covers the core skills required by anyone working with Windows Server 2008 Servers.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the different administrative tools and tasks in Windows Server 2008.
- Configure AD DS user and computer accounts.
- Create Groups and Organizational Units.
- Manage access to shared resources in an AD DS environment.
- Configure Active Directory Objects and Trusts.
- Create and configure Group Policy Objects.
- Configure user and computer environments by using Group Policy.
- Implement security by using Group Policy.
- Configure and analyze server security and security update compliance.
- Configure and manage storage technologies included with Windows Server 2008.
- Configure and manage Distributed File System.
- Configure Network Access Protection.
- Configure availability of network resources.
- Monitor and maintain servers running Windows Server 2008.
- Manage a Windows Server 2008 Backup and Restore.
Mode of delivery: Instructor-led classroom or online training
Duration: 30 hours