This course aims to lay a foundation for starting a career with SAP Basis Administration. SAP Basis Administration is intended for participants with basic knowledge of client/server technology in the enterprise computing environment, who want to pursue work as an SAP Basis Administrator, or want to prepare for the SAP Certified Basis Consultant examinations.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the ERP Systems and the significance of SAP ERP applications in a large enterprise.
- Understand the importance and functions of the Basis layer.
- Understand theSAP solutions for different business enterprises SAP layers.
- Install Presentation layer and configuring logon details
- Understand system Name, SID, Instances and SAP router string
- Navigate SAP screens, using help facility and t-codes
- Connect to SAP online help, Service Market Place, SDN and other resources
- Start and stop SAP systems
- Install and configure SAP systems. Post installation activities.
- System monitoring, ABAP tracing
- Change system profiles to allocate work, background, spool etc processes
- SAP memory management, RFC, configuring TMS, database Monitoring and database backup
- Perform client and system Copy
- Download OSS Notes / Support Packs etc.
- Configure print sub system and managing spools
- Schedule and monitor background jobs
- Users / role management
- Transport roles from development to production
- Monitor users and their activities
- Perform user security and related transactions
- Use SAP Solution Manager – basics of ChaRM, SLD, Service Desk, Early Watch Alert etc.
- Understand the basics of PI, BI, EP etc.
- Understand the basics of UNIX
- Configure SAP router
- Understand the SAP file system hierarchy
- Perform SAP error log and ABAP dump administration
- Perform Central Users Administration ( CUA)
- Sample real-time scenarios in a workplace
Mode of delivery: Instructor-led classroom or online training
Duration: 60 hours
- Introduction to ERP and SAP
- SAP Web AS Implementation and Operation I
- SAP Web AS Implementation and Operation II
- Using SAP Solution Manager