SAP Production Planning (PP) handles the planning and actual production of goods in the company. This includes shop floor operations, planning, MRP, execution and monitoring of all production activities.
The Production Planning module takes care of Master data needed like Bill of Materials, Routings and Work Centers and stores it in one separate component.
Integration with other modules like Material management, Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Human Resources and Development, and Sales and Distribution adds to the reliability of the production planning system in SAP R/3.
In this course you will learn to perform the most important tasks in SAP production with focus on frequently used SAP PP tasks.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the key business processes in the SAP production planning module
- Configure and setup the master data objects in the SAP production planning module; material masters, bill of material, routing and work center
- Describe master planning; sales and operations, demand management and long term planning
- Understand the capacity planning configuration and capacity evaluation tools. Learn the key differences between discrete and repetitive manufacturing
- Understand the MRP plans requirements for internal and external procurement
- Understand the engineering change management master records and master data objects
- Understand the production planning integration points with other SAP core modules
- Use reports and evaluation tools within the production planning module
Mode of delivery: Instructor-led classroom or online training
Duration: 60 hours
- ERP – Concept
- SAP – Concept
- Introduction to PP Module
- PP MODULE
- Master Datas
- Work Center
- Demand Management
- Planned Orders
- Production Orders
- Capacity Planning